Wednesday 14 April 2010

Just a couple of things I threw together!!!

One of the girls at work asked me to make a card for her sister's graduation. Well this really did start out as a card and then because of the grunge rose on the front I thought I would make a box to put the card in. Then it evolved. I messed up the lid of the box and made two more but couldn't get it right (I'm tired now !) so I decided to stick the card on the lid of the box, like I had seen the lovely Kim do. When you lift the rose it opens to the saying inside.
The inside of the lid has her name, Susan (honest!) and the bottom of the box has the date of Susan's graduation (honest!). I toyed with several ways to do it and ended up with rub-ons! Oh and the stamp is a Tim Holtz one. The one on the lid is bigger than the one inside the box..... The grunge rose is coloured with Barn Door distress inks and the "card" is barn door and black soot and antique linen. The edging on the lid is viva precious metal paint and the other gold edging is a gold paint pen thingy. Are you all suitably bored now? Well sorry about that but there is more................

I also made this altered CD for her cousin's little girl - Lizzie.
The image is a decoupage "earth angel" with lots of gems and flowers as you can see. The image on the reverse is part of a Tim Holtz collage stamp (I think!). Apparently it looks just like her!
The little silver hand with the ribbons and fibres says "made with love" on it. The flowers are spellbinders nesties with dusty concorde on the purple one, victorian velvet on the pink one and rusty hinge on the yellow one. Just loving these new colours............
A little update on the engagement card I made with Lily and Milo.... I guessed the colour of their hair - guess what - I WAS NEARLY SPOT ON!!! Jen has fair hair and Matt has dark almost black hair - should have had a bet on myself eh?
Made some birthday cards tonight but can't show them cos it's not their birthday yet !!!!
Well, thanks for looking folks.
Burnice x









2 comments:

Linda said...

And they are even more gorgeous irl!! I saw them both on Monday night. Well done Burn, the recepients will love them!

sam21ski said...

Gosh my dear, you've been busy even if it wasn't meant to be. They all look fab xxxxx