Sunday 22 November 2009

Sue Roddis Workshop

Went to a "canvas/metal" workshop on Saturday at the craft barn. It was run by the wonderful Sue Roddis. Had a fab time. Here is my effort:

The is the tree. The leaves are metal cut with a heart shaped punch. I then veined them and used a TSS whell round the edges. They were then "painted" with various colours of stazon inks.

The is the sun. It is cut from pages of an old book (well I think it was old!) and coloured with yellow ink with a bit of orange. The "rays" are sentences cut from the same book.

These are the house on my canvas. They are paperartsy houses coloured with distress inks. The roofs have been restamped and raised with foam pads. The rainbow peeping from the back is also a paperartsy stamp.


This is the finished article. Distress inks were used on the canvas and the "grass" is a piece of card which has been painted with gesso and before it dried the end of the paintbrush was "scratched" into it to give the effect of grass !! I then rubbed it with various distress inks.

HOW COOL IS THIS !!!

Of course when the class finished (it was an all day one) HAD to go shopping and I bought some more copics. Box C. think I will have to put Box D on my christmas list !!!! Wonder what my chances are!

Well it's getting on so best get on with me knitting!

Burnice x

12 comments:

Ang C said...

What a fab canvas - well done you!!!

Zoechaos said...

Wow great piece that tree must have taken an age. Now adorning the cabin?

Lesley Edmonds said...

WOW Burnice how beautiful. I just love that tree - it's gorgeous! Fabulous canvas!!
Lesley x

sam21ski said...

Very cool indeed - love the tree roots!!!!

Unknown said...

Great canvas Burn - the leaves are lovely!

Burnice said...

Thanks very much peeps. Did enjoy it.

Burnice x

Emma said...

Stunning Burnice - the metal tree looks especially beautiful. Hope you are not on Santa's naughty list for those copics ;D

Have a great week :D

Sandra said...

Fabulous! Really bright and cheerful.
Sandra x

Chicken Licken said...

Ooooo yes I like that lots! I particularly like those leaves....

crafty creations said...

Stunning and yes the fav part for me is also the tree - brilliant

sue law said...

Looks like you had a fab time...those leaves are to die for!
sue
x

Sue said...

Nice to see the finished article! Glad you had fun, we had a laugh did we not?!!
Sue