Tuesday 2 February 2010

Build a Rose

Hi - I made this card for one of our receptionists at work for her birthday. I bought the stamp at The Glitter Pot. It's a papermania stamp and £2 goes to cancer research. It's not a very good but not bad for my first attempt. I stamped the component parts onto 300gsm watercolour paper and coloured it with distress inks - tattered rose, aged mahogany, frayed burlap and peeled paint. I think it could have done with another one of the big double petals. Still I'll know next time. The paper is from 7 Gypsies - Victoria.
We have two receptionists in our office and they both have birthday's today. How wierd is that. Now Michaela (whose boyfriend is in my side bar - Lance!) had the day off so I gave her her card and little pressie yesterday. I am absolutely sure I took a photo of it but do you think I can find it. Course I can't. Anyway I will have to get it back and photgraph it again. You are going to love it !!!!

I was going up the cabin tonight to make another word book - Isabela - but haven't got an "S" yet so will have to do it later. Needed a rest from up there anyway, Linda!!!!

Oh pooh, just spotted a broken nail - I hate breaking my nails......

Right off to fix it - the nail that is.

thanks for stopping by

Burnice x

2 comments:

Emma said...

These have such a pretty and subtle feel to the Burnice (if you know what I mean, beautiful colours too :D

Lesley Edmonds said...

Love the soft colours. Pretty stamp too.
Lesley x