Tuesday 20 March 2012

Quilt for Sophia


This is a quilt I made for my neighbour's granddaughter, Sophia.   I had a bit of a disaster with it.    In fact a huge disaster.   I quilted it before I put the border on.    I really couldn't believe I had done that (even my two quilt buddies never notice it) - huh friends!   I was shown by the lovely Jill from The Patchwork Dog & Basket how to quilt as you go, but couldn't get it.    So I had to unquilt it, put the borders on, put the backing on and then re-quilt it.   Originally, I had put in some really heavy weight polyester wadding and when it was quilted it looked like a puffa jacket!   I now believe that forgetting the borders was a sign from up above, because I ironed it to try and quilt as I went and the wadding melted !!!!!!    I then went back to my usual wadding.   It started to look a bit like a dishrag but it soon perked up!!!    I also made a little angel out of the backing fabric to go with it.   I I have made a few of these in my time too. 
The fabric is from the Lily and Will collection.   It took me a while to source it all as it was an old collection.    Two of the fabrics I bought in Inverness!     Most of it came from the Patchwork Dog and Basket
I also knitted Sophia a gorgeous little dress and a loopy jacket with a hat.   Can't find them on my computer so the pics are probably still on the camera!!!! 
I do hope you like it.
Back to work tomorrow.......
Thanks for looking.
Burnice x

4 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

I didn't realise you took it all apart!! Looks great now. x

sue law said...

Burn it's great to see you blogging again...haven't had a chance to read through your posts yet, but I will have to find the time...
Sue
x

Burnice said...

Thanks Sue - it's great to be back!!! Hope you and yours are well.
Burnice x

sam21ski said...

Gosh burn, you have done sooooo much over the last year and a bit, another stunning quilt. I don't know how you have the patience to do a big project and not just one, loads of them xxxxx