Sunday 25 October 2009

At last I can reveal !!!

This is the bestest thing I have ever made.


First I covered the shape with terra paste (sahara) and then stamped into this with a script and a clock stamp. I then painted with acrylic paint (eggshell). When the terra is overheated it bubbles up.






When this was dry I used blue, pebble and mushroom acrylic paint. The copper and very shiny blue are viva precious metal paints. I then sprintz it with tattered angels shimmers in blue and sepia gold.





I then painted a piece of the metal (which was copper on one side and and silver on the other. I used the same blues and mushrooms. I thought it was a bit bright when I first did it but then I decided that it looked like copper piping when it gets wet (IYKWIM). The images were stamped in archival ink.



The numbers were stamped with stazon onto the copper metal and then "aged" with the blue precious metal paints.




This is the finished result. The metal down the side was embossed over moulds and spritzed with the glimmer mists. The top one was done by Leandra herself as a sample to show us what to do and I asked if I could have it for my clock and she said "Go on then !" - so I did! The embellishments were all cut out and stuck on with red line tape. The back board is a canvas panel 14x10 and painted with the same combo as the clock face. I then stamped onto the canvas with some of the fab stamps.

I do hope you like my creation and if you behave yourselves I will put the next project I did on tomorrow.

Have to say I had the best time............................




Well best get on with me knitting.



Burnice

8 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Burnice,

What a beautiful and unique project :D

Carol said...

Congrats - stunning piece you've created

Can't wait to see tomoz's makes

Have a great evening

sam21ski said...

Hi Burn

Looks like you've excelled yourself this time - it looks fab and well done on getting a piece from Leandra too!!!!

Zoechaos said...

Stunning love the colours and all the textures.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fabulous! We need bigger pics Burn!
Lesley x

Chicken Licken said...

Mmmmm fab! Can see why you love it so much!x

PaperArtsy said...

Burn, you were such a laugh and the projects you made are totally fab! Thanks for coming to the weekend and you unstoppable enthusiasm!

Leandra

mommabear said...

its just beautiful and such fab colours